Five Friday Fun Facts; Pt. 3
|May 18, 2012||Posted by Katy under Uncategorized|
1) This isn’t really a fact, but more of a PSA. If you need a good belly laugh, then I suggest these two links.
- The 19 Most Ridiculous Texting Fails- numbers 6, 7, 10, and 19 were my favorites.
- Anything on The Ellen DeGeneres Show’s YouTube channel- I got sucked into a two hour vortex today of watching video after video. I laughed until I cried, especially with this video. (Fun fact- today was her 1,500th show!)
2) I received some very good/ encouraging news today. It was ironic that it was coming on the heels of last night’s post, but it gives me something to be hopeful about. Stay tuned!
3) Today was the first time I have completed a run solely in my Brooks (verses switching shoes at some point during the run). I have been very slowly building my mileage in them (frankly probably a bit too conservative) and today I finally got up to around three continuous miles in them. Of course I can not prove that I went three miles since my watch decided not to sync with satellites until four minutes into my run, but trust me. I am finding that my feet are starting to favor the Brooks over my Asics and my Asics are beginning to feel like bricks on my feet. I’ll eventually get my mileage up in the Brooks!
4) Today I also started Anatomy and Physiology II. I rocked A&P I and have been excited to hit the books again. I seriously can not remember the last time I was this excited about classes. The class is at 8am which is not awful, but the drive across Jacksonville to the campus is rough. Hello Friday morning rush hour!
5) Have you watched the HBO Documentary: The Weight of the Nation? It is divided into four parts and is available online for free. I have watched the first two parts and I am planning on finishing the documentary this weekend. Overall, it is interesting, but I have raised my eyebrows at a few points discussed. I definitely have a lot of thoughts on the documentary so far. Maybe I will write a post about it next week or so.
6) Bonus fact!- Have you seen the new Disney Marathon course? While I have not ran the full marathon at Disney (but the half two years in a row), I like the changes they made.
I believe that the course will be much more interesting than in the past and will be interested in how the race turns out. I know that many people are upset or have concerns, but I think that the course was in need of updating. I know that the course changes have me SERIOUSLY considering to sign up for the race to be my first marathon, but it all depends on how my legs feel over the next few months.
Have a wonderful weekend!