In May 2011, I outlined long term goals that I have for myself. I also have yearly goals that I post at the end of each year.
1-2 years (22/23 years old):
Graduate early with my BFA in Musical Theatre by December 2011.(Done!)
- Take all the necessary pre-req classes to pursue a Master’s degree in
Nutrition by August 2012.Public Health by August 2013.
- Apply, gain acceptance to a top graduate school, and start graduate school-
all done by August/September 2012.August/ September 2013.
- Become a certified ACSM Personal Trainer by December 2012.
Complete a marathon by October 2011.(Removed due to injury) Return to Disney and run the full Disney Marathon, exactly 1 year to the day that I ran my first Half- Marathon on January 8, 2012.(Removed due to injury- doing half marathon instead) (Completed half-marathon)
- Run a sub 1:50:00 half-marathon by April
- Run a sub 23:00 5K by
April 2012.December 2012. Complete an Olympic distance triathlon by October 2012.(Done!)
- Build up my mileage base to a 25-30 miles per week foundation (to be able to run a half-marathon at the drop of a hat) by
December 2011.December 2012.
- Continue to volunteer with Girls on the Run and become a head coach by January 2012. (Done!)
- Continue blogging and evolve and grow with my blog (and perhaps have a new name?)
- Continue to make connections with other bloggers and become a more active member of this amazing community.
- Take Spanish classes to (hopefully) become somewhat fluent in Spanish. (Class- done!)
- Be confident in myself and finally stop engaging in “Fat Talk“.
5 years (26 years old):
- Be in a supportive relationship with a man that shares the same passions as I do.
- Graduate with my Master’s Degree in
NutritionPublic Health (and not go crazy along the way!) Be a Registered Dietitian, specializing in either adolescent nutrition or sports nutrition.(Removed due to change in career goals)
- Added 04/19/12: Work in the field of public health at the state/national level, developing programs to combat obesity in America. Also have the opportunity to work in health policy on Capitol Hill.
- Spend at least a few months in Costa Rica working with children.
- Travel to Australia and Italy by December 2014.
- Live in either Chicago or the
DC metro area.(DC- Check!)
- Run a sub 3:35:00 marathon, qualifying for the Boston Marathon by December 2015.
- Complete an ultra-marathon (any distance over 26.2) by December 2015.
- Be an active member of my community.
- Continue blogging and hopefully being an inspiration to others!
10 years (31 years old):
- Married to the love of my life… maybe children. Maybe not.
- Live in the DC metro area, with a job right in the heart of DC.
- Develop a
nutritionphysical activity program for schools/ businesses that approaches nutritionhealthy living in a way that it has not been presented before.
- Have a side job as a freelance
nutritionwriter for a magazine or newspaper.
- Of course, continue blogging (if it’s still popular in 10 years! )
- Be more educated on world issues and politics.
- Continue to be running and living a healthy, active life!